Monday 25 April 2016

to the firefighter

I've been away for so loooooong from this space. I just had the urge to pour sentences and paragraphs of thoughts this morning. Even during writing this post, I find myself overwhelmed, almost teary as I was thinking about my dad while writing.


This is just my thought when I was driving to work today. I was listening to the news this morning about the bush fires and peat fires happening in the country. I do care about the bush fires happening but I care more for the people who work to put them out. The firefighters, my dad especially.

Babah occasionally would send pictures to me or to the family’s group chat whether it’s an image of a group of the firefighters saving a cat from the tree or an image of the bush fires or the flood in remote areas or sometimes just a picture of him resting when he’s on duty. It would then come out as a lighthearted conversation between me and him, me checking on what he is doing.

I see my dad as a superman. I’m sure everyone else too. He is my superman, one who could fix everything down to dinner. Because of the outbreaks of the bush fire lately, I’ve been concerned about the health of my dad (not that I never had concerns before) and all of the firefighters. Do they have enough rest after that? Do they have enough energy to do it again? Is the safety gears is safe enough? One could ponder how much energy they used up in one operation to put out fires.

Thus, my post goes out to the firefighters who are fighting the bush/peat fires, fighting off the hot, no scorching weather in the nation right now. You have nothing but my utmost respect. Here to the firefighters! Here to my dad <3 May Allah bless every beads of sweats, every ounce of energy you have used to extinguish the fire and reward the utmost blessings to each and every one of you. J
Babah, you are the Superman I’ve grown up with, my first love who I never fall out of love with.



P/s: I’m joining The Firefighter Runs in June. I can’t wait.

Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment